- Learn The Fastest Step-By-Step Preproduction Process presented in a binder with easy to fill out questions and brainstorming lists. You will walk out of this workshop with a clear vision of your film idea ready to go into preproduction.
- 90 Day Preproduction Workbook & Schedule Planner to keep your film idea on track after you take the workshop. If you follow the daily workbook steps, your film idea will be ready to go into production 90 days from the workshop!
- Expanded Brainstorming Lists from many sections in the book presented in a condensed step-by-step preproduction process.
- Example Film Clips from features and digitally enhanced shorts explaining how the techniques in the book and workshop are used by other filmmakers.
- Over 100 Story Deepening Techniques for adding depth to every aspect of your films.
- Over 100 Humor Techniques for adding jokes, gags, and funny moments to your films.
| || |
- Over 100 Setup/Payoff Techniques to make your visual stories feel more tightly woven.
| || |
- Over 300 Visual Metaphors & Symbols to add universal storytelling depth to every aspect of your film.
| || |
- In-Class Demonstrations of digital production techniques from the book, and many new ones not covered in the book. Sherri & Nate will be doing some quick and fast After Effects & Maya software demos on how you can use digital techniques to save lots of time and money!
| || |
- Improve Your Inner Creative Voice with exercises designed to remove blocks & doubts, while keeping you excited and enthusiastic about creating your film.
- Digital Film Production Ideas To Save Time & Money How can you take an idea for a film and create it using the most economical digital production ideas and techniques available?
- How To Make A Feature Film For 25K! What is the new model for independent filmmakers approaching their first feature project? Tips, techniques and sample budgets for how to make a microbuget digital feature film will be explored.
- Workshop DVD full of class demo files in After Effects and Maya with high resolution clip media and stock footage for you to use in your own films.
- Advanced Learning Techniques are used in this workshop, designed to transform your ability to tell visual stories in one super fun, high-impact weekend!
Clips from these famous films and TV shows will be shown to illustrate key concepts during the workshop:
- Finding Nemo
- The Matrix
- Lord Of The Rings
- Pulp Fiction
- Run Lola Run
- Toy Story
- The Piano
- Citizen Kane
- The Celebration
- The Sopranos
- The Simpsons
- Terminal Bar, Transit and many more shorts, features, docs and music videos!
Special motion graphics are being applied to each sample clip to help you actually see all of the narrative techniques taking place on the screen. This is the only workshop being taught on these subjects anywhere in the world. Be the first to take it and accelerate your digital filmmaking career to the next level!
"Developing Digital Film Ideas Fast is not a film theory workshop - it is designed to get you into motion and excited about creating your dream film project idea now!"
- Sherri Sheridan
There will be many chances to network, meet other filmmakers and get lots of valuable feedback from other visual storytellers by participating in the workshop partner sharing exercises. All of the new techniques presented are designed to help you deepen your film idea and make it more emotionally engaging, which will make you more enthusiastic about getting your film project into production, while attracting top investors and talent.
"You can spend 10 years learning these techniques or you can take this workshop!"
- Doug Wallace, Screenwriter/Producer
You do not need to have read the book "Developing Digital Short Films" to take this workshop. If you have read the book, or are in the middle of doing the step-by-step process, this workshop will speed up your progress and deepen your understanding of creating digitally enhanced visual storytelling techniques. If you want to be notified when the specific registration information is announced, please send me an email with the subject line "DDSF Workshop Info", so I know it is not junk mail. If you have already sent an email asking for more workshop information, you are already on the list. Please note that this first workshop is expected to sell out and has limited seating, so plan to register early if you want to attend.
This workshop is being filmed. There will be several recruiters from different film and animation companies looking for preproduction people at this event who have read the book and taken the workshop. Thank you for all of the emails and interest in this workshop event!